Welcome to Northeast Gastroenterology Associates
Our office is located on Grant Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia. We are a team of 3 board certified Physicians specializing in Gastroenterology and Hepatology services. Our new office and Physician owned licensed and state of the art ambulatory surgery center are both located on the first floor of the building. Our office staff is readily available Monday through Friday to answer any questions you may have and assist you in making a timely appointment to see one of our physicians.
Heartburn & Reflux
If you are one of the millions of people who suffer from heartburn, the most common symptom of reflux, there are things you can do to improve your health and enhance the quality of your life.
- Avoid spicy, acidic tomato-based or fatty foods like chocolate, citrus fruits and fruit juices.
- Limit your intake of coffee, tea, alcohol and colas.
- Watch your weight. Being overweight increases intra-abdominal pressure, which can aggravate reflux.
- Don’t gorge yourself at mealtime. Eat moderate amounts of food.
- Don’t exercise too soon after eating.
- Avoid bedtime snacks and eat meals at least 3 to 4 hours before lying down.
- Stop or at least cut down on smoking.
- Elevate the head of your bed with blocks.
- See your physician if you are taking antacids three or more times a week.